With profound knowledge on underwater noise propagation in the oceans as well as in shallow waters DW-ShipConsult provides expertise in many aspects of underwater acoustics.
From underwater noise measurements to data analysis DW-ShipConsult is a reliable partner for complex hydroacoustic projects.
Our activities include:
- Measurement of underwater radiated noise from ships for technical purposes
- Data Analysis and interpretation
- (Numerical) calculation of underwater sound propagation
- Calculation and prediction of pile driving or shipping noise
- Analysis and assessment of noise mitigation measure effectiveness
- Development of noise maps
DW-ShipConsult is collaborating on several projects for environmental agencies researching the effects of anthropogenic (man-made) noise on marine life.
DW-ShipConsult played an important part in the development of the sound propagation software SEANAT to model sound propagation at sea.
DW-ShipConsult is developing a noise map for the German EEZ (Economic Exclusive Zone) and is part of the MSRL workshop in Germany.
DW-ShipConsult is able to provide underwater noise measurements for all kinds of ships including data analysis and consultation on mitigation measures. (e.g. for Research Vessels under DNV Silent R Class regulation and compliance with environmental requirements)