How is underwater noise affecting marine life? Are windfarms too noisy for fish and marine mammals? What anthropogenic noise is annoying or dangerous for whales, dolphins or seals?
DW-ShipConsult provides the database for answering these kinds of questions by providing measurement data, analyses or sound propagation calculations.
Our activities include:
- Planning, execution and processing of underwater noise measurement campaigns at sea
- Analysis and interpretation of processed underwater sound data
- Assignment of acoustic signatures to the respective sound source (e.g. the ship or its particularities)
- Sound propagation predictions (e.g. for airguns, shipping noise, construction noise)
- Evaluation of different noise mitigation measures
- Source level measurements (e.g. ships, sonar, acoustic devices)